Tel Aviv, 29 June, Jala Neti & Bhastrika Kriya
Jala Neti & Bhastrika Kriya in Tel Aviv
Date: 29 June 2019 Saturday
Time: 16.00 – 17.30
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
Fee: € 85 (the price includes copper pot)
Fee: € 65 (with plastic pot)
Isolde – +49 15754610897
Whatsapp – +49 15754610897
Facebook Messages: m.me/hathayogaclass
Complete the form below to register for the Jala Neti & Bhastrika Kriya:
Jala Neti is a technique that was used by yogis to stay disease-free, and most importantly to use the breath well for their yogic practices without any blockages. Just how brushing the teeth is dental hygiene, the practice of Jal Neti is nasal hygiene.
Jala Neti is a simple but effective process of cleansing the nasal passages with salt water using a copper jala neti pot designed by Sadhguru. The process makes breathing easier by helping air enter the lungs unimpeded by mucus and dirt which easily builds up during the day.
Benefits of Jala Neti
- Daily practice helps maintain the nasal hygiene by removing the dirt and bacteria trapped along with the mucus in the nostrils.
- It soothes the sensitive tissues inside the nose, which can assuage a bout of rhinitis or allergies.
- It is beneficial in dealing with asthmatic conditions and making breathing easier.
- It reduces tinnitus and middle ear infections.
- It helps abate sinusitis or migraine attack.
- It helps with allergies and hay fever
- Helps with insomnia, tiredness and improves quality of sleep
- It can alleviate upper respiratory complaints like sore throats, tonsils, and dry coughs.
- It can clear the eye ducts and improve vision.
- Clearing of nasal passages helps improve the sense of smell and thereby improves digestion.
- It calms the nervous system and the mind. It also helps relieve stress and brings clarity to the mind.
- People have experienced a reduction in their anger by practicing Jala Neti regularly.
- It helps improve the quality of your meditation.
Jala Neti precautions
- The nose should be dried properly after the process.
- People with high blood pressure should be careful during this part. If one feels dizzy while drying the nose, then it should be done standing upright.
- Take care that you do not leave any water in the nasal passages as it might cause an infection.
- Like any other yogic practice, learn it from an expert practitioner.
Jala Neti goes beyond nasal cleansing and helps in aligning your body, mind, and soul. Hence, it should be practiced daily and not only when one has a nasal blockage or cold.
The class, designed by Sadhguru and conducted by Isolde, a certified teacher by Isha Hatha School Yoga.
Please come on an empty stomach condition: Finish a meal 4 hours prior to the class, snack 2.5 hours prior, beverage or cigarette 1.5 hours before the class.
Due to the nature of the practices taught, there are some contraindications. People who fall under any of the below categories are not eligible to participate at this time:
- Women who are currently pregnant
- Anyone who has had a major open surgery within the last 6 months
- Anyone who has had a laparoscopic surgery or any severe muscular injury within the last 6 weeks
- As a general note, always consult and follow your doctor’s advice. If you have any questions regarding your participation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bhastrika is a powerful kriya that can be taught as a practice to anyone who has already learned Angamardana, Surya Kriya or Yogasanas.
- It purifies the blood, so naturally one will breathe better
- The number of breathe comes down. The need for breath will come down not only by increasing one’s lung capacity, but because the oxygen consumption is low. The system is in such a relaxed state, the metabolism has come down. So this works in 2 ways: the expansion of the lung capacity; and the relaxing of the whole system. With both of these together, the need for breath comes down.
Helps in conditions such as:
- Hormonal imbalance
- Skin disease
Due to the nature of this practice, there are some contraindications. People who fall under any of the below categories are not eligible to participate at this time:
– Anyone under the age of 14
– Women who are currently pregnant
– Anyone who has had a major open surgery in the last 6 months
– Anyone who has had a laparoscopic surgery in the last 6 weeks As a general note, always consult and follow your doctor’s advice.
If you have any questions regarding your participation, please email email@example.com
Participants are required to wear comfortable (loose) clothing. Please ensure you finish any heavy meal at least 4 hours before the class, snack 2.5 hours before, and beverage (except water) at least 1.5 hours before the session as the practices need to be done on an empty stomach condition.